Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Has anyone here been to Japan... ???

  1. #1
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I might be thinking of moving there... (yes I'm still the traveling tart!)

    So I just want to know how it is in general like the people, the lifestyle and etc, and if they also eat cats and dogs...

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ May 20, 2004 10:16 PM: Message edited by: The Mighty Wolf ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member StrangerThanBefore's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was born there, but I don't remember it.

    My friend in the military moved there--on a visit back to the US we went to see Hellboy. The cthonic squid monster at the end made her hungry.

    Says something about the food, anyways.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I asked about the cats and dog eating issue, because I know in Korea and China they do that... And it hectically bothers me to be in a nation where they do that...

    I love Su-Shi, but I could never handle choowawa salad...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member StrangerThanBefore's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe that's generally in southern areas of China, not Japan.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    While searching, I founded this!!!

    Open at your risk! Very disturbing

    AN ARTIST EATS BABIES!!!
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar.../aa080601a.htm

  6. #6
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    I have worked there while I was working in Korea. Fairly expensive cost of living if I remember correctly.


    Dog is a delicacy in Korea. I have had it numerous times while I was working over there. There is far more worse things to eat than how they breed the dogs for food.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    O.K., I discovered they do not eat cats and dogs in Japan... and have confirmed that cost of living is very costly...

    And I've read and seen how they breed cats and dogs in Korea... It is inhuman, disgusting, revolting, and shameful!!!
    Such cruelty shouldn't be allowed!

    On that note, goodnight, it's 04:30 in the morning down here...

  8. #8
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    You need to take a look at how a lot of the food we eat day to day is raised.

    You may need to look at home before chastising how another coutry does it.

    just a thought

  9. #9
    Inactive Member thor16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    994
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's a cultural thing. We were raised to think that dogs and cats are our friends, they live with us. In that area, they are like livestock.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Tr3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    1,280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I seriously think you should grow up a bit more, or maybe check you attitude regarding foreigners and their culture, before embarking on things like living abroad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •